Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Upcycle Challenge





I'm so super excited about how this project turned out! Pattern Review hosted an upcycling challenge. The challenge was to transform an item (or more) into something new. I always need new blouses for work.





Pattern: Ruffled Blouse from Indie Pattern purchased on Etsy

Fabric: 2 animal print skirts purchased at Goodwill for a total of $10!

Project review: The pattern was super easy to use with illustrations and clear instructions. I did alter the shoulder to better align the ruffle with my shoulder cap. I am starting to believe that I have narrow shoulders based upon the number of times I need to make this adjustment.

I love pattern and blouse. The fabric is absolutely perfect for the blouse. It's flowy with just enough structure to hold the shape of the shoulder ruffles. One challenge was that the skirts were cut on the bias. I didn't think of that when I left the blouse to hang on the mannequin overnight. I should have put in a basting stitch to hold the neckline. I did need to make some adjustments to the collar to accommodate that mistake.

Final result, I love it. Here's the skirts that I started with:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Pencil

  I absolutely love my new pencil skirt. We've already established that I love a capsule, especially one that works professionally. An i...