Pages

Monday, April 15, 2024

Free & fabulous basic T

 

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is plantain1.jpg
Plantain T-shirt

I absolutely LOVE the free plantain t-shirt pattern. You can find it over at Deer and Doe. This pattern was my introduction to their shop. I now covet all of them. Since this first creation, I have since also made a long sleeve one in black and another 3/4 sleeve in a thin knit for sleepwear.

I am learning to love the value of basic pieces. I used to just make special occasion attire. I have learned that making more versatile items allows me to show off my handiwork more frequently.

Pattern: Plantain t-shirt from Deer and Doe. The pattern comes with 3 sleeve variations and the option for elbow patches. For this first version I made a 3/4 sleeve with elbow patches. The pattern was incredibly easy to follow.

Fabric: A thick double knit in yellow stripe. It's definitely fall/winter wear. The elbows are an olive green textured woven. I really should have turned the edges under. It continues to shed threads which seems to be irritating to everyone except me.

Project review: I am in love with this first shirt. I found it easy to make and very versatile in my wardrobe. For the next few I raised the scoop collar a bit and tried some sleeve variations. I love the comfortable fit.

I hope you will consider making more basic items for a wardrobe capsule.

Skills used: knits, stripe matching, applique

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is plantain2.jpg
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is plantain3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Pencil

  I absolutely love my new pencil skirt. We've already established that I love a capsule, especially one that works professionally. An i...