Pages

Monday, April 1, 2024

Legging Love



Pattern: Loveland Leggings worked through with the Sew News Sewalong

Fabric: 1.5 yds of cotton blend with 5% or more spandex from JoAnn's

Project Notes: I love these leggings for a quick make. I learned how incredibly important 5% or more of spandex is necessary to avoid saggy knees. I've also used this pattern to make pajama shorts. The biggest challenge that I had was in fabric selection. Our local store has limited ready to wear style apparel fabric selection. There was maybe 5 fabrics to select from that met my content needs. I would have preferred a non-athletic solid. The great news is that the fabric is thick enough to defend against over sharing.

Project review: The pattern is fantastic. Just after this, I listened to Love to Sew Episode 15: Capsule Wardrobe. They talk about how home sewers can sometimes fill their closets with prints and fun fabrics. Which is great! But if you are trying to build a wardrobe, black or basic is something that is needed to some degree in most wardrobes. I thought instantly that I am guilty as charged!

It was an absolute win for my daughter's solar system leggings. Which were for a special event at school. She made them herself and used the scraps to make scrunchies for her crew.

Skills: elastic, knits, fabric selection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Pencil

  I absolutely love my new pencil skirt. We've already established that I love a capsule, especially one that works professionally. An i...